Wednesday 1 February 2017

Tuesday's Quizzes (31/01/17) and Wednesday's Quizzes (01/02/17)

Hello!

I did feel like this might happen as soon as I started this blog, but I've decided to not feature a review of every quiz that gets published each day. It's not that I can't play all the quizzes, but I don't quite have the time to review them all properly, which is a shame. Instead, I'm going to focus on my three favourite quizzes from each day, whilst still linking all the others that make the homepage. I feel like that'll be a truer reflection of which quizzes I've enjoyed the most each day.

Let's start with yesterday's quizzes!

10 'Tri' Words

Talented Sporcler 'samc67' has come up with a simple but brilliant quiz that will make you question the definition of every word that starts with 'tri' - I may have played it five times just for the fun of it. I have to say that the 'Language' category has excellent potential for variety in its quizzes, and this is a good example of that variety.

Plant Parts We Eat
I've spoken loftily of the great 'gazzso' before on this blog and he's dangerously close to one of the greatest achievements of all: getting a Publish in every single category, otherwise known as a "Crazy Ivan". This is a quiz that makes you wonder two things: how well do you know your plants, and are you eating the right parts of them?

Actors' Best Known Movies
The Curator for Movie Characters and TV Show, 'BigAl1994', raises a valid point with this quiz: just because an actor stars in a bad film, doesn't necessarily spell bad news for that actor. Yes, Liam Neeson might not be particularly proud of the Star Wars Episode we do not speak of, but he's certainly well known for it. There's no such thing as bad publicity: or, in the case of 'BigAl1994', bad Publishes!

Also Published
Border Chain Minefield VIII by 'mrsmith'
Super Bowl Quarterback Colleges by 'BamaGuy'
5-Star Best Picture Winners by 'manonthemoon'
Countries by Logo by 'jar514'
Fake or Real Secret Service Codenames? by 'Bolassonify'
Word Ladder: Bronte Novel by 'Sesquipedaisy'
Missing Word: 'W' in Every Category by 'nopurplesky'
Quick Pick: City Nicknames II by 'PrincessMartell'

Now on to today's...

Uncertain Literature
'Thebiguglyalien', if your aim was to make me choke on my tea, then your aim was true. This is a brilliant use of a meme that's been... used to death, to put it mildly. It gives the meme meaning and uses some brilliant bits of classic literature at the same time. I laughed and typed my answers simultaneously. It's arguably my favourite quiz of the month, and we've only just got started!

Before and After... and After

A good quiz, as we've generally established, makes you think. A great quiz makes you think on two levels. This quiz by 'jakethegoldfish' falls into the latter as it makes you play a game you may well have played before: namely, how many celebrities can you link together to create one big name? Elizabeth Taylor Swift combines two, for example, but this quiz is a bit more demanding: you have to combine three using the hints available. Truly, these are mammoth names! Not that mammoths had names in prehistoric times, you understand.

Find the Countries of the World
'teedslaststand', Curator of Physics, creator of quizzes. Are you trying to make me tear my hair out? I love and hate this quiz equally. Its concept is beautiful, its tendency to make me click the wrong country in Oceania infuriating. I daresay I will end up playing it a hundred times before I get 100%. I knew the risks.

Also Published
AP NFL Coaches of the Year by 'jdmann'
Movies by IMDB FAQ III by 'Hullabaloo'
US Cities Ending in... III by 'Onno'
How I Met Your Mother Seasons by Final Scene by 'Tr4pD00r'
Not That Character Chain by 'DesertSpartan'
'I'-Less Presidents by 'guilherme_4'
Musician Images (A-Z) IV by 'diamondguy'
Honorary Oscar Recipients by 'needapausebutton'
Name That New Show (Fall 2016) by 'glh27'
Voivodeships of Poland by 'CCCP'
Word Ladder: Medicinal Cocktail by 'Mimbleton'
Missing Word: Songs by Female Country Singers by 'lolshortee'
Quick Pick: Summer Olympic Host Cities by '31415926535'

Double the Publishing fun! Aren't you lucky?

Wake me up when the groundhog's awake...

No comments:

Post a Comment