Wednesday 22 February 2017

Friday's Quizzes (17/02/17)

Will I ever catch up? Well, I am a historian, so getting stuck in the past is my speciality...

Onwards!

'K' Cartoon Characters by Picture


'THEJMAN' (loud usernames!) is a curious quizmaker. Neither Curator nor Editor, his quizzes still have amassed a cool 9 million plays and over 200 Publishes. Some might call that insane, but 'THEJMAN' ignores such claims of madness and simply keeps churning out the good stuff with this quiz on cartoon characters. Who knew there were so many beginning with K? And who knew that at least 3 out of 16 of them die?

Uh, spoiler alert.

States That Border Oklahoma

That rascal 'scole9179' just doesn't know when to get off the Homepage, with a 'Crazy Ivan' (a Publish in every category) surely not too far away. This one in Geography is quick but tricky, but the thing that really makes it is the picture Sporcle decided to put next to it (all Published quizzes get a fun picture, because of reasons). You may want to watch this scene from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels to truly appreciate it.


Pixelated Movie Posters
My eyes hurt.

(Yeah, that's right 'rockgolf', that's all you're getting. I hope you're happy, former Music Editor and one of the few Sporclers with a badge named after them because they're that damn good. *shakes fist)

Also Published

Musician Nickname Match-Up by 'pdigoe'

If it hadn't been for 'pdigoe', I'd have been Published a long time ago.
Where did you come from?
Where did you go?
Where did you come from, 'pdigoe'?

Directed to Oscar Greatness
by 'DarkPhalanx'

I'm not sure how I didn't know about 'DarkPhalanx'. I mean, this quiz is only their 96th Publish...

Populous Cities: South America by ' aquascape'

Same goes for 'aquascape', who has well over 60. I may have tried counting them. I may have lost count too.

Missing Colours: Multiple Choice II by 'ElDandy'

He's dandy!
He's handy!
He's hopefully not randy!

(Boy, that escalated quickly)

Vocabulary Blitz XXIX 
by 'iglew'

Do you think 'iglew' found a winning formula with this series? I wonder.

2017 NBA All-Stars by 'Gangsterls'

Just the third Publish for... *looks at profile pic*... BOB DYLAN?!?

Daily Dose
Word Ladder: Staring Contest by 'Probo11'
Missing Word: Cary Grant by 'Hejman'
Quick Pick: Tree Fruit by 'gazzso'
On This Day: February 17th by 'Sporcle EXP'

Special Announcement

I'm hoping to do some slightly different blog posts that may feature other Sporclers in the not too distant future! The first one of this kind is going to be called 'My First Publish', so if you'd like to feature, just message me on Sporcle and tell me about your first Published quiz.

What category was it? How did you come up with it? How long did it take to make? Did you expect it to be the success that it was? And what did you learn from it being Published?

Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

Chris

1 comment: